Got data? Of course, you do. The IoT, artificial intelligence, digital transformation and cognitive computing are just a few new sources that are creating higher volumes and types of data that must be easily stored, managed and accessed in your data storage infrastructure. Becoming a top-performer in business demands a high-performance enterprise data center built on a software-defined storage (SDS) platform running on virtualization software. Let’s look at what it takes to get you there.
Create a Self-Healing Data Center with Dynamic Data Resiliency
As a leading provider of storage virtualization software, we’re excited here at DataCore™ to announce a new release of the SANsymphony™ Software-defined Storage (SDS) platform and its Hyperconverged Virtual SAN (HVSAN) Software.
- Data resiliency with a ‘data anywhere’ approach
- More than 200 representational state transfer (REST) operations
- Support for Kubernetes for Containers and Microsoft Windows Server 2016.
These enhancements deliver a higher level of dynamic data resiliency, high-availability and provisions for simpler, more efficient scaling out, load-balancing and self-healing of virtualized data while reducing time to restore and periods without redundancy.
With this latest edition, our intent was to build upon our enterprise management and automation of data services capabilities to provide greater ease-of-use and rapid time to deliver virtual storage services. This combination is designed to enable best possible performance through our innovative parallel I/O software technology.
Five new features in the release include:
- Windows Server 2016 support – Enables customers to take advantage of the latest Microsoft Windows technologies as well as leverage the powerful capabilities of our software, along with the Azure Cloud to deploy hybrid cloud replication for disaster recovery, backup, archival and Cloud storage use cases.
- Kubernetes for Container support – Leverage Kubernetes PersistentVolume API for orchestrating deployment, operations, and scaling of containerized applications (e.g., Dockers and its microservices), which lets storage be integrated into Kubernetes for containers and those applications to easily consume.
- Automation of hyperconverged infrastructure deployments under vSphere management – Simplify installation for virtualization administrators, providing universal VVol support and providing storage policy control from vSphere while easily adding and scaling nodes.
- Dynamic mirror path balancing to increase usage density – Allows the expansion and the ability to maximize the utilization of interconnections between nodes by increasing the functionality of the mirroring by utilizing dynamic active pathingto improve throughput and resiliency.
- Enterprise API Integration and Collaboration– The REST interface has been enhanced with over 200 new operation methods to extend configuration and resource management to the configuration monitoring operations already provided by REST. RESTful interfaces are used by products such as Lenovo XClarity, Cisco Embedded Resource Manager and Dell OpenManage to manage infrastructure in the enterprise.
DataCore continues to expand on its virtual I/O technology roadmap. Virtual I/O is designed to scale out nodes and to abstract away the need to know the location of data through automation, the first implementation with N-way mirroring is available with this release supporting 3-way mirroring and automatic load balancing of storage resources. This new powerful capability along with DataCore’s auto-tiering and parallel I/O, maximize the advantages of data locality to significantly improve application service levels and performance responsiveness.
Enabling N-way data resiliency provides customers with ability to create a backup logical disk relationship. The parent of a backup or secondary copy can
Our HVSAN solutions, automation for vSphere deployments becomes greatly simplified. Many prerequisites for installation, such as infrastructure (virtual network) configuration will be automatically performed at installation. Best practice setting will also be automatically applied at deployment time.
DataCore has also added significant new improvements to support flash/SSD capabilities. The new trim / un-map
DataCore SANsymphony is available immediately. For more details, please visit http://ift.tt/2seQOP6